Saturday, October 30, 2010

Implementing a virtual file system interface for Windows Azure Blob Storage

This example is actually an implementation of N2 CMS' IFileSystem interface, but should work for any application with the need/desire for an Azure storage solution that behaves like a standard file system.

I used this interface for file management on my Azure site that I had hosted until Azure went commercial and the site starting costing me a little too much for a personal playground...  I just got notice though, Azure pricing now has a "smaller" compute package that is 55% cheaper than the previous minimum package, so I might be looking into getting an Azure site back up and running.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually ran this interface in at least a year,  so there might be changes in the Azure SDK that aren't accounted for.

I hope to get this re-tested with the latest Azure SDK ASAP, let me know if you have any questions/comments.

C# fileText File





Edit: If the above links are not working, try this folder:
http://cid-edc8bd4a11230d7b.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/blog

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment